How long have you been dealing with uneven temperatures in your home? You know–in the summertime, you have that room you just can’t cool down, and in the winter you have that other room that is basically a refrigerator. This is pretty unacceptable if you ask us!
Fortunately, we can solve this problem for you! It starts with a home energy audit. This is when our home performance experts come in and assess your home to see where you might have some energy loss opportunities. This can come in the form of drafty doors and windows, HVAC ductwork leaks, and more. Read on to learn more!
Reasons for Uneven Heating or Cooling
Ever wonder what a home energy audit will achieve? Well, it will help you be more comfortable in your home! That’s absolutely worth it, right? Here’s a list of what we may discover:
- Ductwork Breach: Leaky air ducts create a number of problems for a living space, and one of the first signs that you have a ductwork leak is that one of your room isn’t receiving enough heat or cooling (depending on whether you’re using your heater at the time or your air conditioner).
- Zone Control Trouble: Do you have a zone control air conditioning and heating system? This is a ductwork system that has dampers in it that allow you to heat or cool an area of your home (called a zone) while not impacting another area of the home. A damper can get stuck, and while you may think that the rooms that need AC or heat are getting it, they might not be.
- Clogged Air Filter: Your HVAC systems come standard with an air filter at the return duct. This blocks dust, dirt, and other debris from getting inside the system and potentially harming the internal components. When the air filter gets too clogged up with debris, though, it restricts airflow. As a result, your air conditioner or heater will have to run longer to try to achieve your desired temperatures, which is inefficient, and the conditioned air won’t be fully able to reach all the rooms of your home.
- Misbehaving Thermostat: Your HVAC systems’ thermostat might be sensing incorrect temperatures in the home, or it can be causing the heater to run for too long or not long enough. This may be a simple miscalibration, which is a quick fix for our team, or it can indicate a connection loss between the thermostat and the heater. We can help with that too!
- Short-Cycling: Short-cycling is the name given to the process where an HVAC system cycles on and off rapidly instead of going through regular heating or cooling cycles. It’s very inefficient and it will certainly lead to uneven temperatures in the home. If you think you hear your system short-cycling, even if it’s not leading to uneven temperatures yet, it’s best to give us a call.
Want a reliable home energy audit? Call the friendly staff at Boehmer Heating & Cooling for exceptional customer service!