Homeowners are always looking for ways to save on energy bills, particularly during the long winter months, when it seems they just climb and climb. But you can’t do anything about the problems you don’t know about, and this is where a home energy audit can really help. Using several specific kinds of tests, the experts from Boehmer Heating & Cooling can pinpoint the exact locations where your home in Mt. Lebanon, PA may be losing air and/or the appliances that may be driving your monthly energy bills up instead of down. First, let’s take a look at what a home energy audit consists of.
- Thorough inspection and check of your HVAC system – an aging or malfunctioning heating and cooling system can be a huge drain on energy resources. Our experts will check the entire system for leaks, damage or corrosion that may contribute to poor performance and will also test the system for efficiency.
- Check of your home’s insulation – the job of insulation is to stop the transfer of heat. If your home’s insulation levels are not adequate, you will most certainly be losing thermal energy whether it is the heating season or cooling season.
- Inspection of your attic and basement/crawlspace – the very top and very bottom areas of your home can be some of the most poorly insulated and ventilated areas of your home. Our experts will inspect these areas for adequate sealing and insulation.
- Check of all major appliances – our pros will check major appliances like washing machines, clothes dryers, hot water heaters, dishwashers and stoves to make sure they are properly installed and functioning safely and efficiently.
- Check of your last 12 months’ worth of utility bills – our experts will analyze your last 12 months’ worth of utility bills to assess where you may be losing money.
But this isn’t all. In our next home energy audit blog, we’ll review the different tests that we use to pinpoint problem areas in your home – stay tuned!