If you’re already a customer of ours, chances are that you’ve at least heard of a home energy audit, even if you’ve never had one done. This service can help us, and you as a homeowner, determine how much energy your household actually uses, where your home is losing energy, and what problem areas and repairs you should prioritize to ensure efficiency and comfort within your living space.
But what exactly goes into a home energy audit?
Scheduling Your Home Energy Audit
When you schedule your home energy audit, our energy advisors will come to your home and look for various things, including:
- Air Leaks
- Insufficient Insulation
- Moisture Development
- Defective or Damaged Ductwork
- Gas Leaks
- The Efficiency of Lighting and Appliances
This data is analyzed to determine where we can help you use less energy, and therefore save more money, and improve your comfort while you’re at it.
Finding Solutions to Your Energy Problems
After your home is assessed, our home energy advisors will let you know what we think—we’ll provide various options as well as costs of the solutions available to you to reduce energy. The energy improvements we recommend might include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Air sealing to close off areas that are leading to drafts getting in or out.
- Duct repair to keep pollutants out of the air, and your conditioned air in your home.
- Insulation replacement or installation to make sure that your home’s insulation is keeping you warm in the winter and cool in the summer, without problems like moisture and mold development.
- Maintaining your HVAC system to ensure it’s performing as efficiently as possible and not causing unnecessarily high heating or cooling bills.
- Air filtration to rid your home of excessive dust and other particles that can irritate allergy and asthma symptoms.
- Finding the source of mold and mildew growth so we can provide recommendations on the next best step.
- Replacing your windows if old windows are letting in drafts, but are beyond air sealing or any other type of repair.
These are some of the most common energy upgrades that homeowners make in our area. The good news for you is that once you choose any particular course of action, our staff can handle the entire scope of work throughout the whole process. We get how important it is to save money and time, while never compromising the quality of work that’s done. We do not subcontract for this reason! Each member of our staff is an employee here, and you can count on them from design to maintenance.
What a Home Energy Audit Leads To
Of course, your comfort and savings can’t be improved until you take action on what we find through your home energy audit. But the audit is a great first step. With a proper energy audit, you can find the right solutions to gain:
- A More Comfortable Home
- Better Indoor Air Quality
- Guaranteed Energy Savings
- Increased Energy Efficiency and Home Durability
- Reduced Maintenance Costs
- Increased Resale Value
We want to help your home perform at its optimal efficiency! You should be able to enjoy your home and have peace of mind knowing you’re comfortable and healthy as possible.
Looking to improve your indoor air quality and HVAC efficiency? Call the friendly staff at Boehmer Heating & Cooling for a comprehensive home energy audit and exceptional customer service!