Keeping warm during a Pennsylvania winter is already a challenge in itself. It shouldn’t be something that could cost you or your loved one their health. It is a sad fact, however, that lives are lost each year to a preventable heating issue that leaks deadly gas into your home.
We are, of course, discussing the threat presented by carbon monoxide in your home. There are multiple homes in the area that utilize natural gas as fuel for appliances in their home, such as their stove or your furnace. If that gas leaks into your home though, it can go from being helpful to harmful very quickly. Here are some facts that you should know about carbon monoxide and how to protect yourself from its effects.