The amount of energy you use directly impacts your monthly finances. Approximately 40% of household budgets are used for annual energy expenses, but what if you could shrink that number? An energy audit in Pittsburgh can help you do just that. By understanding how your home heats and cools, you’ll be able to create and execute a plan that will help you save money on energy costs all year. Boehmer Heating & Cooling home energy advisers are certified and trained in all home services. If you are looking to schedule an energy audit for your home, call the best people for the job: Boehmer Heating & Cooling.
What Is an Energy Audit?
An energy audit is an assessment of how much energy your home uses and how you can improve upon its energy efficiency. During an energy audit with a Boehmer Heating & Cooling expert, you can expect the following:
- Utility Bill Analysis — effectively determines usage patterns of your home’s heating and cooling to help you look for ways to reduce your energy and gas (oil or propane) consumption
- Blower Door Test — detects the source and measures the amount of air leakage in your home
- Infrared Scan — identifies hidden defects in the house, from air and duct leaks to moisture issues and gaps in your insulation
- Visual Inspection — helps to uncover potential problems that may compromise the integrity of your home
- Insulation Inspection — determines the insulation levels in specific areas of the house
- Attic Inspection — identifies evidence of issues involving maintenance, insulation, and damage caused by moisture on the roof from the attic
- Furnace, Boiler, Air Conditioner, Heat Pump, and Hot Water Equipment Inspection — inspects the condition of your HVAC system for existing or potential issues
What Are the Benefits of an Energy Audit?
There are several important benefits to conducting an energy audit:
- Increase energy efficiency
- Reduce energy usage
- Improve indoor air quality
- Produce consistent interior temperatures
- Reduce interior drafts
- Improve humidity control & ventilation
To gain these benefits, you need to implement the recommendations listed in the energy audit report.
If you are interested in a Boehmer Heating & Cooling energy audit for your Pittsburgh home, call us today and schedule an appointment with one of our certified home energy advisors.