As a homeowner, you’re always looking for ways to save energy. As one of the leading energy efficiency experts in the area, Boehmer Heating & Cooling is committed to informing you about some easy ways to save energy. Remember that there is no substitute for professional consultation. We’re happy to sit down with our customers and find ways they can make their homes more energy-efficient. For more information, or to schedule heating and air conditioning maintenance in Pittsburgh, call us today!
- Enroll in a maintenance program. Prevention is the best medicine, as they say and we agree. Enrolling in an annual or bi-annual maintenance program is one of the best ways to prevent major repairs before they happen. It may also be able to increase the energy efficiency of your home. Let the Pittsburgh heating and air conditioning repair experts at Boehmer Heating & Cooling come take a look at your equipment.
- Replace your attic insulation. Attic insulation has a major impact on the efficiency of the heating and cooling systems in your home. In the winter, thin, old or rotting insulation is one of the greatest factors contributing to heat loss. In the summer, poor insulation can allow hot air into your home from your attic.
- Install a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat is a great way not only to customize your home living environment, but also to ensure that any temperature changes occur gradually and not drastically. This will allow your system to “anticipate” changes in temperature. Programmable thermostats allow you to control your home’s heating and air conditioning systems much more conveniently.
- Change your air filters. You have air filters throughout your heating and cooling systems. They are there in order to prevent dust, pollen, and debris from entering into your indoor air. They need to be changed and replaced on a regular basis so they don’t get in the way of your cool or hot air.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs. Compact fluorescents, or CFLs, are highly-efficient bulbs. Not only do they use about 75% less energy than incandescent bulbs, they also last up to 10 times as long.
There you have it: 5 easy ways every homeowner can save energy. When you need your heating and air conditioning repair in Pittsburgh or any installation or maintenance, call on Boehmer Heating & Cooling. No job is too big or small. Call us today.