Boilers can be great heating systems, but they will age and breakdown like any other mechanical system. It can be tempting to hang on to an aging system, particularly if it is still working, but sometimes nursing a system along can cost you more money than if you’d gone ahead and just replaced it. There are some common signs that can indicate it’s time for your system to go, as we’ll explain below. One thing to keep in mind with any boiler replacement in Baldwin is to make sure you hire professionals to perform the installation. Your heating system is critical to being comfortable, and the best way to ensure that you are comfortable this winter is to call your Boehmer Heating & Cooling expert for assistance.
Reasons to Replace an Aging Boiler
Here are some common reasons to consider replacing your boiler:
- Age – with good maintenance, you can get up to 20 years out of your boiler, but once you start to encounter problems with a boiler this old (and you will), your money may be better spent on a new system.
- Constant repairs – did your boiler need a lot of repair work to keep running last year, and are you potentially looking at more this year? At some point those repairs can add up to a significant expense.
- Insufficient heating – is your boiler struggling to heat your home? It is not uncommon for aging boilers to have a hard time reaching the temperature you’ve set for your home.
- Uneven heating – another sign of a failing boiler is uneven heating, aka, hot and cold spots. Maintaining consistent heating is important to your overall comfort level, which may be difficult to attain with an aging heating system.
- High energy bills – are you seeing your energy bills go up even though you aren’t using your system any differently? When your system struggles to achieve the heating you need, it uses more energy to do so.
A boiler replacement in Baldwin can offer you better energy efficiency, better comfort and reliability. If you think it’s time to replace the boiler in your home, give Boehmer Heating & Cooling a call today to schedule an appointment.