Indoor Air Quality
Home Energy Solutions
Home Energy Audit – The Test
From air and gas leaks, moisture, and defective ducts to insufficient insulation, ventilation, and inefficient lighting and appliances, there are an array of sources that are major causes for high energy consumption and detrimental to the health and comfort of you and your home. A home energy audit is designed specifically to determine the sources of these common HVAC issues in the home.
We employ certified and trained home energy advisors to conduct comprehensive and customized tests for your home. Our home energy audit services include:
- Utility Bill Analysis — Effectively determines usage patterns of your home’s heating and cooling to help you look for ways to reduce your energy and gas (oil or propane) consumption
- Blower Door Test — Detects the source and measures the amount of air leakage in your home
- Infrared Scan — Identifies hidden defects in the house from air and duct leaks to moisture issues and gaps in your insulation
- Visual Inspection — Helps to uncover potential problems that may compromise the integrity of your home
- Insulation Inspection — Determines the insulation levels in specific areas of the house
- Attic Inspection — Identifies evidence of issues involving maintenance, insulation, and damage caused by moisture on the roof from the attic
- Furnace, Boiler, Air Conditioner, Heat Pump, and Hot Water Equipment Inspection — Inspects the condition of your HVAC system for existing or potential issues
In most homes, the audit should take about two hours and create minimal disruption to your regular household routine. In just four steps, live more comfortably and affordably in your home. Click here to learn about the Boehmer four step energy audit process!
Schedule an energy audit today by clicking here or give us a call at 412–381–4100. We are happy to answer any questions you may have.