When temperatures are at their highest, it often feels like the only way to save money is to shut the air conditioner off. AC systems use a lot of energy. But sometimes, circumstances in a home contribute to bills that are much higher than they should be.
So what can you do to make your home more efficient? That depends on what’s going on in your home. The level of insulation in your home, the type of equipment you have, and how well your house is sealed up all may contribute to the overall efficiency of your home. And a home energy audit can help you determine what’s wrong with your home.
When to schedule a home energy audit
You should schedule a home energy audit with a qualified local HVAC technician whenever you are dissatisfied with comfort and efficiency in your home. In the summer, high temperatures can make it obvious that your home could use a little work.
- Some parts of the home cool down faster than others.
- You notice hot spots in certain rooms.
- Your energy bills skyrocket as temperatures get higher, even when you try to use your AC efficiently.
- Indoor air quality issues cause family members’ allergies to act up.
- The house feels stuffy or musty.
- Your air conditioner cycles on too frequently or for large chunks of time.
If you notice any of these comfort and efficiency issues, make sure you contact a local home performance contractor with the right tools for the job.
Our recommendations for local homeowners
When we investigate a home during a home energy audit, we’ll look for problems with AC equipment, internal building issues, insulation, ducts, and more. We may recommend any of the following services, but that depends on our findings:
- Add insulation
- Seal the ducts
- Air sealing around the home
- Improve ventilation
- Window replacement
Boehmer Heating & Cooling can help you save money and keep comfortable in your home in Mount Lebanon. Call our friendly staff for exceptional customer service.