Everyone at Boehmer Heating & Cooling Company wishes you a very Merry Christmas! We hope you enjoy spending time with family and opening lots of presents. The holidays are all about appreciating what you have, and we are very thankful for all our customers. We hope that you get everything you want under the Christmas tree tomorrow!
To help make your Christmas a little sweeter, here is a recipe for Molasses Sugar Cookies:
“These are a wonderful chewy spice cookie. They are drop cookies that keep very well. I make them at the beginning of the holiday season and they keep all the way to New Year’s!”
1 1/2 cups shortening
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon salt
- Melt the shortening in a large pan on the stove, and cool.
- Add sugar, eggs, and molasses, beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and add to the pan. Mix well and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Form into walnut-size balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8-10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container to keep from getting overly crisp. If they do lose their softness, an easy way to restore it is to place one slice of fresh bread in the container with the cookies for a couple of hours or overnight and they will be soft again!
For more details, visit allrecipes.com.